“I’m heading to Augusta today to continue my preparations and practice,” Woods wrote on Twitter on Sunday. “It will be a match time decision on whether to compete.”
The 15-time main winner, who sustained a serious leg injury in a single car crash in February 2021, has not played an official tournament since the 2020 Masters in November of that year.
Woods’ only appearance in competitive golf since the accident in December 2021 was alongside his son Charlie at the PNC Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando, Grand Lakes in Florida, where Woods and son finished second.
The 46-year-old told Golf Digest in November of last year that he would “never participate” again on the full-time PGA Tour, but instead “pick and pick” events.
“You’re training for it, you’re preparing for it,” he said. “And you play. I guess that’s how I’m going to have to play from now on.
“It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”