Developer Kenny Sun has revealed that it is collaborating with publisher Raw Fury (known for Sable) to bring a slapstick platformer titled “Mr. Sun’s Hatbox.” Raw Fury has shared an announcement trailer as well as a gameplay trailer for the upcoming roguelite.
Mr. Suns Hatbox – Announcement Trailer
Tea Mr. Sun’s Hatbox gameplay trailer showcased how the game will create a balance between very chaotic missions and calm base buildings. Your main objective in Mr. Sun’s Hatbox is to return a stolen package to Mr. Sun by setting up a base of operations.
About the Game:
Mr. Sun’s Hatbox is a slapstick, roguelite platformer about getting the job done, no matter the cost. After your hat delivery goes horribly wrong, you’ll need to establish a sprawling base of operations in an attempt to recover the stolen package. Upgrade your HQ, your team, and your tools so you can take on increasingly dangerous (and ridiculous) missions in pursuit of not only the hat you’ve lost, but as many hats as you can handle.
Key Features of Mr. Sun’s Hatbox:
- Base, Sweet Base: Expand your HQ to upgrade your gear, heal your heroes, and display your glorious hats
- Every Mission, A New Adventure: Procedurally generated platformer levels present a host of obstacles to overcome, via cautious stealth or spirited ambush
- Assemble Your Staff: Build a quirky team with an array of unique traits that will help or hinder your critical efforts
- Collect the Whole Set: Capture dozens of hats to wear, weapons to upgrade, and enemies to brainwash
- Chaos is Inevitable: No amount of preparation, stealth, or hats will guarantee your safe return to base. But they sure help!
Mr. Sun’s Hatbox is coming exclusively to PC and will skip consoles. Developer Kenny Sun is aiming for a 2023 release window. You can wishlist the game on Steam right now.